Song Name: Keno Hare Krsna Nam
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
mano prāṇ kāṅde nā
pakhi nā jāni kon aparādhe
mukhe hare kṛṣṇa nām bolo nā
baner pakhi re dhare rāklām hṛdoy mandire
madhu mākhā ei hari nām
pakhi re śikhaile śikhe
pakhi sakal nām bolte paro
keno hare kṛṣṇa nām bolo na
keno hare kṛṣṇa nām hari bole mano prāṇ kāṅde nā
chalo pakhi rūper deśe jāi
je deśete maner mānuś āsā jāoyā nāi
pakhi re tor maraṇa kālete
carabi vāser dolāte
ore cār janete kandhe kore
loye jābe smaśan ghāṭete
ore o tor mukhe āguna jihve tule
ki korobi tāi bolo nā
Refrain: Oh, why does my heart not weep from chanting the holy names Hare Krsna?
1) The bird of my heart does not know what past sinful activities it has committed to cause this inability to chant Hare Krsna properly.
2) O forest bird! I have kept something for you very carefully within the cottage of my heart – the holy name of Hari, which is overflowing with pure sweet honey. O bird, you could learn the chanting of this name if you were taught.
3) A bird is easily able to speak all names; why then does this bird of my heart refuse to chant Hare Krsna? Oh, why does my heart not weep from chanting the holy names Hare Krsna?
4) O bird! Come, let us go to the spiritual world, the land of true and everlasting beauty. It is the place where the imaginary man of my mind will never again come and go on the revolving cycle of birth and death.
5) O bird! At the time of death, your body will simply be placed upon a funeral stretcher, lifted on the shoulders of four persons and carried to the cremation grounds.
6) Alas! The cremation fire will enter your mouth and then totally consume your tongue. There will be nothing you can do to save yourself, for at that time it is too late – you will be unable to speak anymore.
BACE: Aiming to Teach Vedic Culture All Over the Globe.
©2020 BACE- Bhaktivedanta Academy of Culture and Education
www.vedabace.com is explanation of Vedic knowledge with detail information which can be useful in daily spiritual practice and studies and research.
for further details please contact- firstname.lastname@example.org