Deity & Tulasi Worship
Items of worship
– Conch, incense, lamp, water, cloth, flower, Chamar, peacock feather
– Ether, earth, fire, water, possessions, heart, air,air, soul(bow down)
– call, invite, darshana, water, gifts, heart (loving exchange), resting
– lamp helps us to focus our meditation, purifies our vision, & removes darkness within heart
– Lamp is required to see lord. Lamp carries the Lord’s mercy and it comes to us.
– dadati pratigrahhanati ……
– Lord reciprocates by giving us prasada and inspiration back.
– Pujari worships on behalf of all.
– Chanting Hare Krsna mahamantra is essential.
Procedure of Worship
– Take the permission of acaryas and then start worship from Krsna.
– follow the right order and offer prasada to assembled devotees.
Why Devotee Worship Tulasi
– Tulasi gets its name from Srimati tulasi-devi, one of Lord Krishna’s dearmost eternal consorts, a pure devotee in the form of a gopi, who lives in the spiritual world. The Tulasi plant is an expansion of her.
– By attaining her mercy, one can more quickly make spiritual advancement and gain entrance into the spiritual world.
– Srila Prabhupad : Tulasi plants and their leaves are very important in devotional service. Devotees are recommended to water the Tulasi tree evey day and collect the leaves to worship the Lord.(SB 3.15.19)
The Glories of Tulasi
“There is no better recipient of charity than a vipra, no better gift than cows, no better tirtha than the Ganga, and no better leaf than a tulasi leaf. Whatever one can obtain by offering the Lord all types of flowers and leaves may be attained by simply offering Him one Tulasi leaf. An offering of flowers made of gold, jewels, and pearls is not equal to an offering of Tulasi leaves.”
“Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Tulasi tree, which can immediately vanquish volumes of sinful activities. Simply by seeing or touching this tree, one can become relieved from all distresses and diseases. Simply by offering obeisances and pouring water on the Tulasi tree, one can become freed from the fear of being sent to the court of Yamaraja. If someone sows a Tulasi tree somewhere, certainly he becomes devoted to Lord Krishna. And when the Tulasi leaves are offered in devotion at the lotus feet of Krishna, there is the full development of the love of Godhead.” (Skanda Purana, quoted by Srila Rupa Goswami)
– The worship of Lord Narayana is not complete without Tulasi leaves.
– Tulasi must be offered to Visna-tattva only.
How to Worship Tulasi
Tulasi-puja is relatively simple, consisting of only three articles: incense, a ghee lamp, and flowers.
- Take the spoon from the acamana cup and purify both hands by sprinkling water onto them.
- A spoon full into your right palm, chant om kesavaya namah, and sip.
- A spoon full into your right palm, chant om narayanaya namah, and sip.
- A spoon full into your right palm, chant om madhavaya namah, and sip.
- Offering the incense:
- Purify (sprinkle with a spoon full of water) the bell and the incense holder.
- Light the incense.
- Pick up the bell in the left hand, ring the bell throughout the puja.
- Pick up the incense holder in the right hand and offer the incense to Tulasi with seven circles her whole form.
- Offer to Srila Prabhupada and then all the devotees.
- Offering the ghee lamp:
- Purify the ghee lamp.
- Light it.
- Offer it to Tulasi: 4 circles to the base,2 to the middle, 3 to the top, and 7 to the whole.
- Offer to Srila Prabhupada and then all the devotees
Offering the flowers:
- Purify the flowers.
- Offer them to Tulasi with 7 circles to the whole form.
- Place one at her base(optional).
- Offer them to Srila Prabhupada and then all the devotees.
- Now the puja is complete and you can serve the devotees by assisting them to purify their hands before watering Tulasi.
Planting , watering, protecting, maintaining, circumambulating, seeing, bowing down to, praying and glorifying are all ways of serving and worshipping Tulasi, and are highly beneficial.
Sri Tulasi Pradakshina Mantra
“by the circumambulation of Srimati Tulasi Devi all the sins that one may have committed are destroyed at every step, even the sin of killing a brahmana.”
Shri Tulasi Pranama
“ I offer my repeated obeisances unto Vrnda, Srimati Tulasi Devi, who is very dear to Lord Kesava. One goddess, you bestow devotional service to Lord Vishnu and possess the highest truth.”
BACE: Aiming to Teach Vedic Culture All Over the Globe.
©2020 BACE- Bhaktivedanta Academy of Culture and Education
www.vedabace.com is explanation of Vedic knowledge with detail information which can be useful in daily spiritual practice and studies and research.
for further details please contact- email@example.com