Song Name: Avatara Sara Gora Avatara
Author: Locana Das Thakura
avatāra sār gaura avatāra kena na bhajili tāre
kari nire vas gelā na piyasa āpana karama phere
kantakeru taru sadāyi sevili man, amrta pāyivar āśe
prema kalpataru śri gaurānga āmār tāhāre bhāvili viśe
saurabher āśe palāśa śunkili man, nāśāte pāśile kita
ikshudanda bhāvi kātha chuśili man, kemane paeebi mitha
hār baliyā galāya parili man, śaman kinkar sāpa
śital baliya āguna pohāli man, paii vajar tāpa
samsār bhajili śri gaurānga bhulili, nā śunili sādhura kathā
iha parakāla dukāla khoyāli man, khayili apana māthā
1) O my mind, why don’t you worship Śrī Gaurasundara, the crown-jewel of all incarnations? You always stay in water but your thirst is never satiated due to your own past bad activities.
2) You always hope to attain sweet, juicy fruits from your worship of thorn trees, but this is not possible. Our Gaurasundara is a desire-tree offering divine love, but you left
Him, thinking Him to be poison.
3) O my mind, searching for some sweet aroma, you smell the beautiful palāsa flower
(but it has no scent), and instead, an insect from the flower enters your nose. You suck on dry wood, mistaking it for sugar cane, so how can you get any sweet juice?
4) O my mind, death is like snake which you put around your neck, thinking it to be a
garland. You entered fire, thinking it to be cool, and suffered excruciating burning.
5) O my mind, enjoying material pleasures, you never heeded the devotees’ words and
forgot Gaurasundara. Thus, both this world and the next are lost to you.
BACE: Aiming to Teach Vedic Culture All Over the Globe.
©2020 BACE- Bhaktivedanta Academy of Culture and Education
www.vedabace.com is explanation of Vedic knowledge with detail information which can be useful in daily spiritual practice and studies and research.
for further details please contact- firstname.lastname@example.org