Song Name: Devi Suresvari Bhagavati Gange
Official Name: Sri Sri Ganga Stotram
Author: Adi Sankaracarya
devi sureśvari bhagavati gańge
tribhuvana-tāriṇi tarala tarańge
mama matir āstāṁ tava pada-kamale
bhāgirathi sukha-dāyini mātas
tava jala-mahimā nigame khyātaḥ
nāhaṁ jāne tava mahimānaṁ
pāhi kṛpāmayi mām ajnānam
dūrīkuru mama duṣkṛti-bhāraṁ
kuru kṛpayā bhava-sāgara-pāram
tava jalam amalaṁ yena nipītaṁ
parama-padaṁ khalu tena gṛhītam
mātar gańge tvayi yo bhaktaḥ
kila taṁ draṣṭuṁ na yamaḥ śaktaḥ
patitoddhāriṇi jāhnavi gańge
bhīṣma janani he muni-vara-kanye
kalpa-latām iva phaladām loke
praṇamati yas tvāṁ na patati śoke
punar asad-ańge puṇya-tarańge
jaya jaya jāhnavi karuṇāpāńge
sukhade śubhade bhṛtya-śaraṇye
rogaṁ śokaṁ tāpaṁ pāpaṁ
hara me bhagavati kumati-kalāpam
tvam asi gatir mama khalu saṁsāre
kuru karuṇāmayi kātara-vandye
tava taṭa-nikaṭe yasya nivāsaḥ
khalu vaikuṇṭhe tasya nivāsaḥ
varam iha nīre kamaṭho mīnaḥ
kiṁ vā tīre śaraṭaḥ kṣīṇaḥ
athavā śvapaco malino dīnaḥ
tava na hi dūre nṛpatiḥ kulīnaḥ
bho bhuvaneśvari puṇye dhanye
devi dravamayi muni-vara-kanye
gańgā-stavam imam amalaṁ nityaṁ
paṭhati naro yaḥ sa jayati satyam
yeṣāṁ hṛdaye gańgā bhaktis
teṣāṁ bhavati sadā sukha-muktiḥ
gańgā-stotram idaṁ bhava-sāraṁ
vāñchitaphaladam vimalaṁ sāram
paṭhati ca vinayīdam iti samāptam
1) O Goddess Ganga! You are the divine river from heaven, you are the saviour of all the three worlds, you are pure and restless, you adorn Lord Shiva’s head. O Mother! may my mind always rest at your lotus feet.
2) O Mother Bhagirathi! You give happiness to everyone. The significance of your holy waters is sung in the Vedas. I am ignorant and am not capable to comprehend your importance. O Devi! you are full of mercy. Please protect me.
3) O Devi! Your waters are as sacred as “Charanamriti” of Sri Hari. Your waves are white like snow, moon and pearls. Please wash away all my sins and help me cross this ocean of Samsara.
4) O Mother! those who partake of your pure waters, definitely attain the highest state. O Mother Ganga! Yama, the Lord of death cannot harm your devotees.
5) O Jahnavi! your waters flowing through the Himalayas make you even more beautiful. You are Bhishma’s mother and sage Jahnu’s daughter. You are saviour of the people fallen from their path, and so you are revered in all three worlds.
6) O Mother! You fulfill all the desires of the ones devoted to you. Those who bow down to you do not have to grieve. O Ganga! You are restless to merge with the ocean, just like a young lady anxious to meet her beloved.
7) O Mother! those who bathe in your waters do not have to take birth again. O Jahnavi! You are held in the highest esteem. You destroy your devotee’s sins and save them from hell.
8) O Jahnavi! You are full of compassion. You purify your devotees with your holy waters. Your feet are adorned with the gems of Indra’s crown. Those who seek refuge in you are blessed with happiness.
9) O Bhagavati! Take away my diseases, sorrows, difficulties, sins and wrong attitudes. You are the essence of the three worlds and you are like a necklace around the Earth. O Devi! You alone are my refuge in this Samsara.
10) O Ganga! those who seek happiness worship you. You are the source of happiness for Alkapuri and source of eternal bliss. Those who reside on your banks are as privileged as those living in Vaikunta.
11) O Devi ! It is better to live in your waters as turtle or fish, or live on your banks as poor “candal” rather than to live away from you as a wealthy king.
12) O Godess of Universe! You purify us. O daughter of muni Jahnu! one who recites this Ganga Stotram everyday, definitely achieves success.
13) Those who have devotion for Mother Ganga, always get happiness and they attain liberation. This beautiful and lyrical Gangastuti is a source of Supreme bliss.
14) This Ganga Stotram, written by Sri Adi Shankaracharya, devotee of Lord Shiva, purifies us and fulfills all our desires
BACE: Aiming to Teach Vedic Culture All Over the Globe.
©2020 BACE- Bhaktivedanta Academy of Culture and Education
www.vedabace.com is explanation of Vedic knowledge with detail information which can be useful in daily spiritual practice and studies and research.
for further details please contact- email@example.com