Song Name: Jiv Jago Jiv Jago
Official Name: Arunodaya Kirtana 2 (Kīrtana songs to be sung at dawn)
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
jīv jāgo, jīv jāgo, gauracānda bole
kota nidrā yāo māyā-pīśācīra kole
bhajibo boliyā ese soṁsāra-bhitore
bhuliyā rohile tumi avidyāra bhore
tomāre loite āmi hoinu avatāra
āmi vinā bandhu āra ke āche tomāra
enechi auṣadhi māyā nāśibāro lāgi’
hari-nāma mahā-mantra lao tumi māgi’
bhakativinoda prabhu-caraṇe poḍiyā
sei hari-nāma-mantra loilo māgiyā
1) Lord Gaurānga is calling, “Wake up, sleeping souls! Wake up, sleeping souls! How long will you sleep in the lap of the witch called Māyā?
2) You have forgotten the way of devotional service and are lost in the world of birth and death.
3) I have descended just to save you; other than Myself you have no friend in this world.
4) I have brought the medicine that will wipe out the disease of illusion from which you are suffering. Take this mahā-mantra-Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare/Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare.”
5) Śrīla Bhaktivinoda Thākura says: “I fall at the Lord’s feet, having taken this mahā-mantra.”
BACE: Aiming to Teach Vedic Culture All Over the Globe.
©2020 BACE- Bhaktivedanta Academy of Culture and Education
www.vedabace.com is explanation of Vedic knowledge with detail information which can be useful in daily spiritual practice and studies and research.
for further details please contact- email@example.com