Song Name: Emona Durmati
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Saranagati (Section: Dainya Song 7)
emona durmati, saṁsāra bhitore,
poḍiyā āchinu āmi
tava nija-jana, kono mahājane,
pāṭhāiyā dile tumi
doyā kori’ more, patita dekhiyā,
kohilo āmāre giyā
ohe dīna-jana, śuno bhālo kathā,
ullasita ha’be hiyā
tomāre tārite, śrī-kṛṣṇa-caitanya,
tomā heno koto, dīna hīna jane,
vedera pratijñā, rākhibāra tare,
mahāprabhu nāme, nadīyā mātāya,
saṅge bhāi avadhūta
nanda-suta jini, caitanya gosāi,
nija-nāma kori’ dān
tārilo jagat, tumi-o jāiyā,
se kathā śuniyā, āsiyāchi, nātha!
bhakativinoda, kāṅdiyā kāṅdiyā,
1) A wicked mind brought me into this world, O Lord, but one of Your pure and elevated devotees has come to bring me out.
2) He saw me so fallen and wretched, took pity, and came to me saying, “O humbled soul, please listen to this good tiding, for it will gladden your heart.
3) Sri Krishna Caitanya has appeared in the land of Navadvipa to deliver you. He has safely conducted many miserable souls such as you across the sea of worldly existence.
4) “To fulfill the promise of the Vedas, the son of a brahmana bearing the name Mahaprabhu of golden complexion, has descended with His brother the avadhuta Nityananda. Together They have overwhelmed all of Nadia with divine ecstasy.
5) “Sri Caitanya, who is Krishna Himself, the son of Nanda, has saved the world by freely distributing His own holy name. Go also and receive your deliverance.”
6) O Lord, hearing those words, Bhaktivinoda has come weeping to the soles of Your lotus feet and tells the story of his life.
BACE: Aiming to Teach Vedic Culture All Over the Globe.
©2020 BACE- Bhaktivedanta Academy of Culture and Education
www.vedabace.com is explanation of Vedic knowledge with detail information which can be useful in daily spiritual practice and studies and research.
for further details please contact- email@example.com