Song Name: Boro Sukher Khabor Gai
Official Name: Dalalera Gita (The Song of the Broker)
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Vaisnava Siddhanta Mala
boro sukher khabor gāi
surabhi-kuñjete nāmer hāṭ khule’che / khoda nitāi
boro mojār kathā tāy
śraddhā-mūlye śuddha-nāma sei hāṭete bikāy
jata bhakta-bṛnda basi’
adhikārī dekhe’ nāma becche daro kasi’
jadi nāma kinbe, bhāi
āmār saṅge calo, mahājaner kāche jāi
tumi kinbe kṛṣṇa-nāma
dasturi loibo āmi, pūrṇa ha’be kāma
boro doyāl nityānanda
śraddhā-mātra lo’ye den parama-ānanda
ek-bār dekhle cakṣe jal
‘gaura’ bole’ nitāi den sakala sambal
den śuddha kṛṣṇa-śikṣā
jāti, dhana, vidyā, bala nā kore apekṣā
amani chāḍe māyā-jāl
gṛhe thāko, bane thāko, nā thāke jañjāl
ār nāiko kalir bhoy
ācaṇḍāle den nāma nitāi doyāmoy
bhaktivinoda ḍāki’ koy
nitāi-caraṇa binā ār nāhi āśroy
1) I am singing news of great happy tidings. Lord Nityananda Himself has opened a market-place of the Holy Name in Surabhi-Kunja.
2) The news of its great results is that He is selling the pure Holy Name in that market-place for the price of only one’s faith.
3) Lord Nityananda, the proprietor of the market, seeing all the devotees become attracted, is selling them the Holy Name after bargaining with them.
4) O brother, if you want to buy the Holy Name, then go with me. We must go to the presence of that great soul, Nityananda.
5) You will buy the name of Krsna, I will take my commission and all of our desires will be fulfilled.
6) Lord Nityananda is greatly merciful. Taking only one’s faith, He gives the highest ecstasy.
7) If Nitai sees only once tears in the eyes while chanting the name “Gaura”, then He gives all resources to that person.
8) He gives the pure teachings of Krsna to everyone and does not care for one’s birth, wealth, knowledge and strength.
9) Now, giving up the illusory snare of Maya, either remain in household life or in the forest as a sannyasi for no more troubles remain.
10) There is no more fear of the age of Kali. The merciful Nityananda gives the Holy Name to even the candalas.
11) Bhaktivinoda calls out “Except for the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda there is no other shelter!”
BACE: Aiming to Teach Vedic Culture All Over the Globe.
©2020 BACE- Bhaktivedanta Academy of Culture and Education
www.vedabace.com is explanation of Vedic knowledge with detail information which can be useful in daily spiritual practice and studies and research.
for further details please contact- firstname.lastname@example.org