Song Name: Bhale Gaura Gadadharer Arati
Official Name: Gaura Gadadhara Aratik (at Ṭhākura
Bhaktivinoda’s home at Surabhi-kuñja in Godruṁa-dvīpa)
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali (Section: Arati-Kirtan Song 1)
bhāle gorā-gadādharer ārati nehāri
nadīyā-pūraba-bhāve jāu bolihāri
sabu sakhī-beṣṭita kiśora-kiśorī
puraṭa-jaḍita kota maṇi-gajamati
jhamaki’ jhamaki’ labhe prati-ańga-jyotiḥ
nīla nīrada lāgi’ vidyut-mālā
duhuń ańga mili’ śobhā bhuvana-ujālā
śańkha bāje, ghanṭā bāje, bāje karatāla
madhura mṛdańga bāje parama rasāla
viśākhādi sakhī-vṛnda duhuń guna gāowe
priya-narma-sakhī-gaṇa cāmara dhulāowe
anańga mañjarī cuyā-candana deowe
mālatīra mālā rūpa mañjarī lāgāowe
pañca-pradīpe dhori’ karpūra-bāti
lalitā-sundarī kore jugala-ārati
devī-lakṣmī-śruti-gaṇa dharaṇī loṭāowe
gopī-jana-adhikāra raowata gāowe
bhakativinoda rohi’ surabhīki kuñje
ārati-daraśane prema-sukha bhuñje
1) As I behold the wondrous arati of my Lords Gaura and Gadadhara, I enter into the mood of Their existence previous to appearing in Nadiya (Their Vrndavana lila as Sri Sri Radha and Krsna). It is simply indescribable.
2) Underneath a desire-tree, seated upon a jeweled throne, the ever-youthful couple named Kisora and Kisori are surrounded by all of Their gopi friends.
3) Sri Radhika and Lord Govindaji are decorated with many shining jewels and pearls inlaid with gold artwork, enhancing the sparkling splendor of each and every limb of Their transcendental forms.
4) The meeting of Their two bodily forms has generated a luster that brightens all the worlds, and may be compared to a garland of lightning (Radha) fixed upon a dark blue raincloud (Krsna).
5) On the occasion of Their meeting there is a concert produced by the sounding of conchshells, bells, karatalas and mrdangas. Such kirtana is supremely sweet and relishable to hear.
6) The cowherd damsels of Vrndavana led by Visakha Devi sing the glories of the Divine Couple while the priya-narma-sakhis cool Their Lordships by waving camara fans.
7) Ananga Manjari offers Them sandalwood pulp scented with cuya while Rupa Manjari places a garland of jasmine flowers about Their necks.
8) The beautiful Lalita Sundari holds a lamp of five flames scented with camphor and waves it aloft, offering arati to the Divine Couple.
9) Parvati, Laksmi, and the personified Vedas cry in great happiness while rolling on the ground and singing of the fortunate position of the damsels of Vraja-bhumi.
10) Bhaktivinoda resides at Surabhi Kunja in the land of Godruma-dwipa, relishing the joy of divine love at the sight of this beautiful arati.
BACE: Aiming to Teach Vedic Culture All Over the Globe.
©2020 BACE- Bhaktivedanta Academy of Culture and Education
www.vedabace.com is explanation of Vedic knowledge with detail information which can be useful in daily spiritual practice and studies and research.
for further details please contact- firstname.lastname@example.org