Song Name: Gora Pahun
Official Name: Aksepa (Lamentation)
Author: Narottama Das Thakura
Book Name: Prarthana (Section: Aksepa Song 1)
gorā pahuṅ nā bhajiyā mainu
prema-ratana-dhana helāya hārāinu
adhane jatana kori dhana teyāginu
āpana karama-doṣe āpani ḍubinu
sat-saṅga chāḍi’ kainu asate vilās
te-kāraṇe lāgilo je karma-bandha-phāṅs
viṣaya-viṣama-viṣa satata khāinu
gaura-kīrtana-rase magana nā hainu
keno vā āchaye prāṇa ki sukha pāiyā
narottam dās keno nā gelo mariyā
1) I did not worship Lord Gauranga Prabhu and thus I became full of suffering. I refused to accept the treasure of pure love of Krsna, and thus I became lost.
2) I reject the treasure of love of Krsna and deliberately struggled to become poor. I dived into a host of sinful deeds.
3) I rejected the association of the saintly devotees, and instead tried to enjoy among the impious non-devotees. In this way I became caught in the noose of karma.
4) I continually drank the virulent poison of sense-gratification. I refused to swim in the nectar of Lord Caitanya’s sankirtana movement.
5) Why do I stay alive? What happiness do I have? Why did Narottama dasa not die long ago?
BACE: Aiming to Teach Vedic Culture All Over the Globe.
©2020 BACE- Bhaktivedanta Academy of Culture and Education
www.vedabace.com is explanation of Vedic knowledge with detail information which can be useful in daily spiritual practice and studies and research.
for further details please contact- email@example.com